Sunday, October 12, 2008

Riding With No Hands?!?


"Riding With No Hands"
My Mother, is a little bit taller than me, but who knows how long it will be like that, cuz' things are changing. I get a little taller everyday. My Father, is a little bit smarter than me, but who knows how much longer things will be like that, cuz' things are changing. And I've been changing. I get a little smarter everyday.

Ho-dee-o, over the rainbow. Hi-dee-i, to the top of the sky. Look at me, Mom, I'm riding with no hands. I do the best I can.

My Dreams, are a little bit bigger than me, but who knows how much longer things will be like that, cuz' things are changing. And I've been changing. I get a little bigger everyday.

Ho-dee-o, over the rainbow. Hi-dee-i, to the top of the sky. Look at me, Mom, I'm riding with no hands, and tipping back my chair, and didn't brush my hair. But I do the best I can.
~Ralph Covert "Happy Lemons"
To Hear more Ralph Covert go to: www.ralphsworld.com

This song gets me a little teary every time I hear it. I thought it only appropriate for our Blog title. On a whole different level, Aslyn is a little daredevil, so riding with no hands is right up her alley. More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Breck is going to be soooo excited about this blog. Tonight she couldn't stop talking about and imitating Aslyn dancing like the flamingos. Looking forward to the video!